1. A number of restaurants in NYC are eliminating tipping. Naturally, in order to do this, prices will raise significantly in order to also raise wages. Would you rather pay a higher cost for your meal but not have to tip? Do you think it would even itself out?
2. Today is the day. A controversial law goes into effect in Maine today. Residents no longer need a permit in order to carry a concealed gun. Those who are 21+ and legally own a gun are able to carry the concealed gun with them and in their motor vehicle. Some strongly support, others strongly oppose. Where do you stand?
3. *Sniff sniff* Do you smell that? (That smelly smell that smells smelly) — Mainers in York County around Kennebunk, Arundel, Saco, Biddeford and OOB are dealing with a very prominent “manure” smell in the air, which apparently came from a farm off Route 111.
4. McAuley High School is making an historic change next year — they will drop their Roman Catholic affiliation in 2016. McAuley board chairwoman Heidi Osborn and Jacqueline Marie Kieslich of the Northeast Community of the Sisters of Mercy said both parties “have concluded that the school can best continue to serve its students by ending our historical affiliation.”
5. You may see a lot of purple today! It’s all in support of #SpiritDay in an effort to put an end to bullying of our LGBT youth. Observed annually since 2010, individuals, schools, organizations, corporations, and public figures wear purple, which symbolizes ‘spirit’ on the rainbow flag.