1. A second round of stimulus payments is included in a coronavirus relief package struck by congressional leaders late Sunday. Lawmakers are expected to vote today on the deal, which would provide for $600 checks. It will take at least two weeks for the Treasury to get cash into individuals’ bank accounts after legislation is signed. (WMTW)
2. The U.S. tops 17.8 million Covid-19 cases with over 317,000 deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new covid related deaths and 207 new cases on Sunday. Maine’s death toll is 292 with 7,860 active cases. 166 Mainers are currently hospitalized w/ covid-19.(WMTW)
3. Maine ranks second in the country in the availability of organic food, based on organic farms per capita. This is according to a recent study published by Health-Ade. In Maine, there are about 37 organic farms per 100,000 people. Maine also has the most organic options for farms producing vegetables, with nearly 1,000 farms. (NEWS CENTER)
4. The Patriots lost to the Miami Dolphins 22-12 on Sunday. For the first time since Tom Brady tore his ACL in 2008, the New England Patriots won’t be in the playoffs this year. (BOSTON.COM)
5. Over the weekend, Dr. Fauci appeared on a ‘Sesame Street Town Hall’ on CNN, where several children asked him if Santa had gotten the vaccine and was safe to visit their homes. Fauci said he traveled to the North Pole and “vaccinated Santa Claus myself”, declaring The Jolly One “good to go”. (CNN)
Made Hot in Maine by the U.S. Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.