1. The search for the missing vessel data recorder on the El Faro cargo ship, which sank Oct. 1 off the Bahamas with five Maine Maritime Academy graduates on board, will resume today. The vessel data recorder is a device that could better document the wreckage to help determine exactly why and how the El Faro sank. (PH)
2. A group from the Greater Portland Christian School is safe in Ecuador after a devastating earthquake. A post on the school’s facebook page Sunday said the group in Ecuador was far from the most-devastating damage. More than 230 people were killed in a major earthquake in the South American country Saturday. (WMTW)
3. The Portland Pirates defeated the Falcons in their season finale. They are now gearing up for opening round of the playoffs against Hershey. Game 1 will take place at the Cross Insurance Arena Friday at 7pm. (BD)
4. NBA jerseys will have ads starting in 2017. Team owners agreed to the decision on Friday. Each ad will be on a 2.5 inch by 2.5 inch patch on the left shoulder of the jersey. The ads will reportedly yield $150 million in revenue, which will be split 50/50 between the teams and a league revenue sharing pool. (BF)
5. Today is Patriots’ Day! Commemorating the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first battles of the revolutionary war. The biggest celebration of Patriots’ Day is the Boston Marathon, which has been run every Patriots’ Day since April 19, 1897. (Wiki)
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot In Maine by Kaplan University, preparing students for their careers, and connecting you with employers. Visit KU Maine dot com!