1. After enduring winter-like temperatures this week, high winds and heavy rain will hit Maine tonight. The National Weather Service has issued a flood watch for Oxford, Franklin and Somerset counties from 8 p.m. tonight until 8 p.m. Friday. A coastal flood watch has been issued for the coast from 9 p.m. tonight until 3 a.m. Friday. (WMTW)
2. Must win playoff game tonight for the Red Claws. 7pm start time at the cross insurance arena. Ryan Deelon will be hosting and Mijo will be mixing. (Tickets)
3. The People Vs. OJ Simpson on FX wrapped up last night w/ big ratings and decent reviews. The series brought people associated with the case back into the spotlight, including a key player who lives here in Maine. More than 20-years after the trial, attorney F Lee Bailey quietly spends his days in Yarmouth. Bailey’s famous cross-examination of LAPD Detective Mark Fuhrman is considered by many to be the key to Simpson’s acquittal. In the show Bailey says veteran Broadway actor Nathan Lane nailed that scene while portraying Bailey. (WCSH)
4. There was a big uproar at Morse High School after officials decided to make the color of graduation gowns the same for everyone in the name of gender neutrality. Traditionally, boys wear blue and girls wear white at graduation. Recently, a decision was made for all students to wear blue caps and gowns to accommodate some transgender students who didn’t feel comfortable. Because there was so much feedback, the school decided to reconsider its position and gave the students a choice, the superintendent said. (WMTW)
5. National Beer Day. This celebration commemorates the day in 1933 that President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Cullen–Harrison Act being, marking the first day in 13 years that people could legally buy, sell, and drink beer.
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot In Maine by Kaplan University, preparing students for their careers, and connecting you with employers.